I can’t find the theme editor. How can I edit a theme?
You’ll need to create a child theme with your changes. This is the only way the original theme can be updated and changes kept – if you’d use the theme editor, the changes would be overwritten with the first automatic update. The recommended way is to use the free Orbisius Child Theme Creator plugin.
How to use the Orbisius Child Theme Creator plugin
1. Log in to your WordPress blog, find and install the plugin.
2.Go to Appearance > Orbisius Child Theme Creator.
3. Pick which theme you want to create a child theme version and then click Create Child Theme.
4. To edit a child theme, go to Appearance > Orbisius Theme Editor.
5. Select which child theme and edit files as needed. If you want to edit or remove the footer links, select the footer.php file. Deleting everything in the file removes the footer links.
6. If you want to add customizations to the theme, select the style.css file.
7. The plugin also allows you to copy snippets from one theme to the other. This is relevant when you want to create a new child version with more theme changes.
8. You have the option to preview the changes first before hitting Save.
You see the changes you made when the child theme is active.
If something goes wrong, you can easily reset the theme with the Report Problem button.
Removing Footer Links
If you only want to remove the footer links, then use our free Hide Footer Links plugin.