Access your blog without updating nameservers
By editing your computer's host file to point the blog to the EBN assigned IP, you can access your blog's WordPress dashboard without updating the nameservers just yet.
Windows and Mac have different processes for editing the computer's hosts file but ultimately boils down to similar end result - users are able to log in and work on their blog (or check the transfer) without changing the nameservers on their registrar.
See below the instructions on how to update your computer's host file depending on which OS you're on.
- Run Notepad app as administrator
- Open the host file by clicking on File > Open c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
- Edit as normal - add the EBN assign IP and domain.
- Open Terminal and run sudo nano /private/etc/hosts
- Add your new mappings (EBN IP and domain) after the default mappings.
- To save the hosts file, press Control+X.