How can I move a blog to a different hosting provider?
You can easily export a blog from our system to a different hosting provider. Go to the blog’s info page and download the two backups (WordPress files and database dump).
Follow the below steps to move the blog.
- Create a working WordPress blog on the new hosting.
- Make sure WordPress, themes, and plugins are the latest on both blogs.
- Upload your files to the new hosting (usually wp-content will be enough).
- Restore the database by following the instructions on WordPress.org.
- Remove folder wp-content/mu-plugins.
- When you have a working blog, change the nameservers to the new provider.